Based on the results of a discussion of the Financial Committee, I am proposing an amendment to Section XI of the provincial charter to add a default event refund policy.
In accordance with our bylaws, I am publicly announcing this proposal in draft format and allowing twenty-eight days for discussion before I call for a vote by the Provincial Officers’ Council.
— Nagashima Ichirō Ujimichi, October 2022
XI. EVENTS AND DEMOS
P. Default Event Refund Policy
1. No refunds will be issued if the event does not make a profit, except when the refund request is made at least a week before the event.
2. When refunds are available, they must be requested via email, text message or letter postmarked to the Event Steward and/or Reservations Clerk at least 48 hours before the event.
3. If payment was made using PayPal, PayPal fees will be deducted from any refund issued.
4. Extenuating circumstances of a late refund request will be viewed on a case by case basis by the Event Steward.
5. The Event Steward has the option to have a refund policy that differs from this one. It must be posted to the event announcement at least a week before the event.
In Service to the Dream,
Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi
長島 一路 宇治道