Come all who practice shooting in the bow to the Northern Østgarðr Archery Practice. Practice is held occasionally on Sunday afternoon’s, weather permitting on the following dates:
May 22,2022 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30ish p.m.
- June 12, 2022 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30ish p.m.
- July 10, 2022 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30ish p.m.
- more dates to follow
Archery Practices are held at Blue Mountain Sportsman’s Center – Westchester County Parks 183 Watch Hill Road, Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567 https://parks.westchestergov.com/sportsman-center
This practice is held at a public archery range, which is shared with the general public. We must follow the rules of the Sportsman’s Center and the SCA while in attendance. Please read all of the following below, before attending:
- We will be sharing the archery range and shooting line with members of the general public. Please dress in regular street clothes (not garb).
- There is a fee for use of the Archery Range, payable directly to the Sportsman’s Center. Fees are $12 for 2 hours ($9 for 2 hours with a Westchester County Parks Pass).
- No Crossbows, per Sportsman’s Center rules.
- No children under 12 years of age are allowed at the Sportsman’s Center, per Sportsman’s Center rules. Minors must bring proof of age (school ID with a picture and birth-date usually works).
- All attendees must sign-in with the Sportsman’s Center Trail lodge before proceeding to the archery range. Be sure to bring photo ID.
- SCA and East Kingdom COVID policies will be enforced for attendees practicing with the SCA, but cannot be enforced for the members of the general public who might also be on the range with us. To the best of our knowledge, the Sportsman’s Center does not require members of the public to be masked on site or show proof of vaccination. (If you are planning to be part of the SCA practice, including using SCA loaner equipment and shooting royal rounds, you will be required to follow all SCA COVID check-in procedures at the range. See below for details.)
- Please carefully read the rest of this announcement for important SCA COVID policies.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.
Masking Requirements. All attendees at indoor events are required to wear masks in compliance with the East Kingdom COVID policy.
COVID Practice check-in process. All attendees who are eligible to be vaccinated need to show either proof of full vaccination or a medically-supervised negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of the in-person gathering. Event staff will check this documentation. Attendees over the age of 18 also need to show a government issued photo ID or SCA blue card with the same name as the vaccination card/negative test results.
As part of the check-in process for attending an in-person gathering, the ATTENDEE will sign a form attesting to the following: “By signing below, you are confirming that you have presented proper identification, along with either proof of being fully vaccinated or a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to the start of the event. (If you present proof of a negative COVID test it must comply with the current SCA COVIDSafe rules)”.
Directions: Click here for Google Maps Driving directions. The closest Metro North stations are Cortlandt and Peekskill on the Hudson line. Cab service is poor (especially on weekends). If you plan to come by rail, please make arrangements to be picked up at the train station by another attendee.
If you have questions or need loaner equipment, please email the organizing marshal, Friderich Grimme by email: mailto:email@example.com