- Jan. 20, 2006: Since the announcement didn’t get into the December or January Pikestaff, the timetable for Viceregal succession has been pushed back a bit:
- Feb. 15, due date for self-nominations (send to Their Majesties, Their Highnesses, Kingdom Seneschal, and (as a courtesy) Ian and Katherine.
- Feb. 15-April 18, “campaign” period. Sir Edward would like to have a “Town Meeting” in each of the eight modern counties that make up Østgarðr. (It was pointed out at Commons that very few Østgarðrians live in Putnam County, and some of them are candidates, so the Westchester and Putnam County meetings may be combined.) You may attend whichever meeting(s) you wish, regardless of where you live.
- April 18, Polls are mailed to all paid members of the SCA, 14 years or older, living in the official boundaries of Østgarðr. If you want to be polled, make sure your membership is paid by the end of March.
- May 18, polling closes, and the ballots are counted.
- Late May or early June, Their Majesties announce their choice for Viceroy and/or Vicereine of Østgarðr, informed and advised (but not bound) by the poll results.
- September 9, investiture at Barleycorn.
Posted inPositions What's new