- Archery Practices: All archery practices listed below require traditional bows without modern accessories, and wooden shaft arrows. Loaner gear is available for newcomers on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Staten Island, Willowbrook Park
- Run by Lord Suuder of Silver Horde. These practices are posted on the local email lists, with cancellations the morning of the practice if weather interferes. Practices generally start between 1-1:30, and end whenever people get tired. There are barbeque pits and picnic areas near the range, so there can be other activities at this practice, including heavy weapons practice. There is ample parking. This is a free practice. No crossbows are allowed per NYS law. Directionshere.
- Nassau County, Long Island, Cedar Creek Park
- Run by Lady Arnbjorg Nilsdottir. These practices are posted on the local email lists, with cancelations the morning of the practice if weather interferes. There is ample parking, and after Memorial Day, if you are not a Nassau County resident, the park charges a $10 parking fee. The practice itself is free. No crossbows per NYS law.