Commons Minutes for June 2022
The June commons meeting was held June 15. Here are the minutes/notes as recorded by Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi. The officers’ reports are attached at the end.
|Suuder Saran, Il-Khan
|Lada Monguligin, Il-Khatun
|Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi, Seneschal
|Francisco de Braga, Exchequer
|Drasma Dragomira, Herald
|Albrecht Anker, Chatelaine
|Kunigunde Wedemann, Chancellor Minor
|Alec MacLachlan, Fencing Marshal
|Friderich Grimme, Webminister
|Zahra de Andaluzia, Chronicler
|Sofya Gianetta di Trieste, Historian
|Alienor Salton, Whyt Whey Seneschal
|Ragnarr bláskegg, Brokenbridge Seneschal
|Mathghamhain Ua Ruadháin
|Arnbiorg Helga Niálsdóttir, Archery MarshalRandve L’il Hammar, MoAS Marion of York, Minister of Lists
|Ian of Clan Mitchell, ChamberlainErvald LaCoudre, Armored Combat MarshalIola Wulfsdotter , Lions End Seneschal
|Called to order at 7:42pm
Officer Report Items For Discussion
Runnymeade Largess Exchange is with Buckland Cross.
Upcoming Commons Meetings
|Wednesday, July 20, 2022Wednesday, August 17, 2022Wednesday, September 21, 2022
|Meeting closed at 8:48pm
June 2022 Compiled Officer Reports
Viceregents • Suuder Saran & Lada Monguligin
Here are a few things that have happened in the recent Royal courts.
-Finnbjorn Aegirson (former Warden of the Fry) Received his AoA.
-Thorfinn was welcomed into the Order of the Laurel.
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!!! Well Done both of you. We are very proud of you.
As John Cleese put it “And now for something…… completely Pennsic.”
-Pennsic Pre-reg ends Thursday June 16th. If you want to camp with Ostgardr. Get it in now and name Ostgardr as who you are camping with.
-RunnyMeade Largess Exchange is a go! We have Buckland Cross, Lada is coordinating, if you have ideas or want to make one of the largess, contact her. We are looking for largess that they can give out in their court, something they can use for a long time, or even a short time. Doesn’t have to be much. It could even be tokens for them.
-There will still be a pot-luck Osgardr Dinner, then the Last Pennsic Viceregal court of Lada and Suuder. There will also be a Memorial for all those we have lost since the last pennsic.
Finally some News from Their Majesties about Barelycorn.
-There will be a Charity Tournament called “Fight for a Cause!” on Sunday at Barelycorn. It is a Fighter and Fencer pair tournament. Entrants will pay a small fee to fight. There will be a bucket for a welcomed donation to fatten the pot. There has been talk but no confirmation of a silent auction that will also go to the charity fund. (This part is still in debate.) But the winners of this tournament will get to select the charity from an approved list or can provide a charity they wish to donate the funds to. (If that happens, the charity will need to go through the approval process and once cleared will have the winning proceeds donated to them. If you wish to help out or possibly to donate something for the possible auction. Suuder is coordinating this tournament, contact him for any questions.
- Seneschal • Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi
Lions End Schola went well. Barleycorn planning is very much underway. I need officers to send their reports in a timely fashion so I am not putting together an agenda at the last minute.
- Exchequer • Francisco de Braga
- We are caught up with all Checks and reimbursements at this time. Please be sure to cash checks that you have received.
- Term limits for the office of Exchequer have been implemented. They can be found via the Link below. In short, one may serve as the Branch Exchequer for four consecutive years.
- In compliance with this term limit requirement, my 4th year in this office will come to an end this year, January 1st, 2023. As a result, I am looking for a successor to take the office. Anyone who is interested may reach out to me. I have been contacted by one individual thus far. Once my term limit is reached and I step down, I am willing to remain a deputy Exchequer and assist.
- There is no update from Kingdom in regards to Bank Signatory Revisions at this time. We may also need additional signatory changes after the Investiture and new Viceregents take their place. I ask if it may be beneficial to consider signatory changes long term given the timeframe it has taken thus far rather than multiple requests in the future (New Exchequer, Viceregents, Deputy Exchequer, etc. signatory changes). I can submit paperwork to reflect this, if acceptable.
- Herald • Drasma Dragomira
The herald does not have anything to report this month.
- Acting Castellan • Albrecht Anker
We are getting quite a few new members out for our Tuesday practice! Heavy Fighters, Fencers, and non-martial folks are making it out. Now is a good time to come out and hang with fellow Ostgardians. We even get tacos after, but unfortunately, the ice cream man has been irregular in showing as of late.
- Chancellor Minor • Kunigunde Wedemann
Youth activities in the province have been on the quiet side this month. However, I’ve been thinking of the youth activities I would like to do at Barleycorn. For the young kids, I’d like there to be ongoing games and other activities suitable for their age group. Details forthcoming. I would also like to have some formal classes like a class on heraldry where they can design their own heraldic device and also a kumihimo class where they can learn how to make a bracelet. (And it’s a good activity to do while at court.) I would also like to do a scavenger hunt which will be in the form of a questionnaire.
A blurb for the event announcement and the website is still forthcoming. I have not forgotten about it.
Arts & Sciences • Randve L’il Hammar
- Armored Combat • Ervald LaCoudre
- Archery • Arnbiorg Helga Niálsdóttir
- Fencing • Alec MacLachlan
Fencing practice has been continuing at McCarren Park on Tuesday nights. We’ve been getting 5-6 fencers in total at each practice.
I’m trying to get fencers to go to the Southern Region Army practice on June 26th, and the Hawkes Reache Event on 6/18.
I am looking to get some loaner gear.
I have a new marshal in training, Ibrahim. He and I will each run a tournament at Barleycorn.
- Minister of Lists • Marion of York
- Webminister • Friderich Grimme
- Chronicler • Zahra de Andaluzia
The E-Horse was published on June 1 to generally positive acclaim.
The next issue of the E-Horse will be published on September 1. Please send me your art, articles, memes, quizzes! Etc. etc.
Social Media • Albrecht Anker
- We had some interaction through Reddit this month which was quickly spotted by our sharp-eyed
vicereine and we were able to start chatting we a potential new player!
-22 views on Youtube with a total of 3 minutes watched.
-16 New views on Facebook, 3 page likes, and we reached 103 people reached!
- Chamberlain • Ian of Clan Mitchell
The Green and White has not yet been returned from coronation
Nothing else to report
- Historian • Sofya Gianetta di Trieste
Whyt Whey • Alienor Salton
Nothing to report
Lions End • Iola Wulfsdotter
The Scola was a hit. I believe 20 people attended. Classes were attended. Queen’s favors were block printen. Fun was had.
I have been notified that the exchequer & possibly (probably) the Castilian will be stepping down soon. I have already made some moves as a pseudo Chatelaine, restarting the Lions End gold key & personally bringing in a new member. So I have no problem taking on that hat as well. But I will begin to see if anyone is willing to step up for exchequer. The search for a deputy seneschal continues as well.
- Brokenbridge • Arnora Ketilsdottir
Brokenbridge has a new seneschal, Arnora Ketilsdottir. Our next Commons meeting is set for Sunday, July 10th at 11am. That is all.