Wednesday, November 17, 2022 Commons Meeting
Angelica di Nova Lipa, Vicereine
Sofya Gianetta di Trieste, Vicereine, Historian
Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi, Seneschal
Drasma Dragomira, Herald
Albrecht, Chatelaine, Social Media Officer
Brandr Aronsson, Arts & Sciences
Zahra de Andaluzia, Chronicler
Alexander MacLachlan, Fencing
Kunigunde Wedemann, Chancelor Minor
Marion of York, Lists
Alienor Salton, Seneschal of Whyt Whey
Iola Wulfsdotter, Seneschal of Lions End
Lada Monguligin, Il-Khatun Emeritus
Mathghamhain Ua Ruadhain
Eadwine the Younger
Ceandra of Ostgardr
Vitasha Ivanova Doch’
Francisco de Braga, Exchequer
Ervald LaCoudre, Armored Combat
Arnbiorg Niálsdóttir, Archery
Friderich Grimme, Webminister
Ian of Clan Mitchell, Chamberlain
Arnora Ketilsdottir, Seneschal of Brokenbridge
7:30 Meeting called to order.
Bullying & Harassment Policy was displayed and read
Sofya: Thanks to all who attended apple harvest.
– Thanks to Lada for scribal workshops; next is Jan 22.
– Armored combat and fencing practices are moving indoors
– If you see someone who’s deserving of an award, put in a recommendation, at kingdom or provincial level. We love to acknowledge our populace.
– Uji: I’ve emailed Friderich about setting up a form for provincial award recommendations.
– Provincial champions are invited to attend a Champion’s Challenge in Smoking Rocks early next year.
– We’d like to arrange some A&S gatherings in northern region, perhaps a couple of Saturdays, in New Rochelle Public Library (which is available for $35). Perhaps banner-making workshop? Proposed dates are in our report.
– Tomorrow is an A&S class, finger loop braiding, taught by Alienor, please come.
– Hundred Minutes is this Saturday. It’s a great event. It will be cold. Reach out if you have questions.
– Deck the Halls (sixth year) is coming up early 2023, will include provincial bardic championships.
– Look at the EK calendar — things are getting scheduled for last year.
– Let’s think about holding another royal progress event next year; maybe a single-day event?
– Deputies are still needed for provincial officer positions.
– Have received letters of intent for most of the positions whose terms are ending. Exchequer: Alienor; Chatelaine: Albrech; A&S: Brandr; Lists: Vitasha; Minors: Kunigunde; Historian: Mathghamhain. Still waiting for confirmation from Ervald regarding armored combat.
– Some positions remain open: Arnbjorg is stepping down. We don’t need strictly need a chamberlain, Uji can take on the relevant responsibilities.
– Confirmation of those volunteers by vote of officers in December meeting.
– Iola: what are the requirements for being an archery marshal?
– Uji: You need to be a warranted archery marshal, and interested in facilitating those activities in the province.
– Default event refund policy. Uji will mail officers to obtain confirmation.
– Fiona the Volitile has asked whether the province would be able to host Brew U. They would like to host at Blue Mountain, for which Uji is researching availability. Some time in first third of 2023.
– Lada: previous years it’s been held in April/May.
– Uji is interested in runing a Kimchi workshop at his house on December 3. Bring a jar and a couple of dollars for ingredients. Kimchi is a style of pickled vegetables, traditionally prepared in late fall. Will be making hot kimchi which is very-late period (following arrival of chili peppers from Americas). Could optionally also make a white kimchi, which is more solidly period.
– Brandr: discussions ongoing re holding an A&S event at his house mid-December.
– Ragnarr: we have signed our venue contract for Valhalla, January 14, 10 AM – 5 PM.
– PayPal pre-registration will be posted soon.
– Event planning is begining now. Volunteers needed.
– If you’d like to run a class or other activity, let them know.
– They will have a cash bar, outside alcoholic drinks subject ot $20 bottle fee.
– Big room on second floor with a stage which will be used for bardic. First floor has three smaller classes.
– Alec: Will there be a cap?
– Ragnarr: yes, 75 people (more than previous site).
– Alec: can the bartender customize the drink offerings?
– Ragnarr: yes, we’ll be talking with them to ensure they have cider and mead.
– Uji: will there be food?
– Ragnarr: Yes, working with Perez to offer a dayboard.
– Lada: what about a gift exchange?
– Ragnarr: that’s a good suggestion, I’ll add it to our plans.
– Kunigunde: how did you find this venue?
– Ragnarr: Folks liked our old location, but wanted to find something that was handicapped accessible and maybe cheaper. I found this through a third-party rental site. It’s normally a small concert site. It’s located in an industrial area of Bushwick, so lots of street parking on the weekends. Accessible via L train.
– Mathghamhain: I’ve designed a few promotional t-shirts for the province, available at www.medieval.nyc/shop/ <http://medieval.nyc/shop/>. Let me know if you have suggestions for other designs. Most items cost $20; shipping starts at $5; items arrive in about two weeks. Proceeds of about a dollar will be donated to Whyt Whey.
– Meeting closed 8:05