The Society’s Corporate office announced back in March that they would not be marking expired memberships as lapsed, in order to provide some leeway for the disruption caused by the Covid-19 outbreak.
Unfortunately, we have learned that this grace period will come to an end on July 1. This is particularly relevant for branch officers, warranted marshals, or other individuals whose position requires a current membership.
Understanding that renewing membership may represent a hardship at this time, a number of people have volunteered to sponsor memberships for others, and the Society’s Corporate office has distributed some information about how to do this effectively.
Attached below is a letter outlining the procedure for gifting memberships, along with copies of the membership forms for the U.S. and international members, followed by a plain-text version of the letter.
Gifting a Membership
- Fill out the attached membership application to the best of your ability, making sure that the Legal Name & mailing address of the recipient is correct— please leave the waiver blank unless the recipient of your gift can fill the waiver out for themselves.
- If you use a credit card, please include:
- Name on the credit card
- Billing address of the credit card
- Email address for a copy of the credit card receipt
You may use a separate piece of paper or Post-It to submit this information.
- If paying by personal check, please make the check payable to SCA, Inc.
- Indicate whether you wish this to be an anonymous gift or would like a note included with the mailed membership card.
- To submit the completed application and payment, you have three options:
- Scan & email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail the form and payment to the P.O. Box listed on the form [ P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789 ]
- Fax the completed form to [ (408) 263-0641 ]
Once the application is received and processed, an email confirmation of renewal will be sent to the recipient. The membership card will be mailed within 5 business days. If the waiver has not been completed, a waiver form and return envelope will be included with the membership card for completion.
We would like to thank you for your generosity and kindness.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My email address is email@example.com., or you can reach me at the above listed phone number.
VP/ Corporate Operations