SCA, Inc. COVID-19 Risk Statement
“Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.”
COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test Requirements (updated 4/2/2022)
In accordance with current SCA, Inc. and East Kingdom policies, all attendees over the age of 5 will be required to show either proof of full vaccination or negative test results of a medically-supervised COVID test taken within 72 hours of the the event. Event staff will check this documentation. Attendees over the age of 18 also still need to show gov’t-issued photo ID or SCA blue cards with the same name as the vaccination card/negative test results. Attendees who fail to meet these requirements will be denied entry to the event.
Masking & Social Distancing Guidelines
East Kingdom COVID-19 policy, as updated on March 2, 2022, no longer requires attendees at outdoor activities to wear masks. Event attendees over the age of 2 years are required to wear masks when indoors or when gathering in a public tent/pop-up/pavilion with 3 or 4 walls. (The air flow with 3 or 4 walls up is considered insufficient to be safely unmasked.) Masks may be lowered briefly while actively eating or drinking. Those who wish to wear masks are welcome and encouraged to do so. We highly encourage all attendees to continue to socially distance and wash/sanitize their hands as often as necessary.
Event Gate/Check-In Requirements related to COVID-19 (updated 4/2/2022)
In addition to other event check-in requirements all attendees will be required to do the following:
- All persons over the age of 18 must present proof of full COVID Vaccination or negative test results of a medically-supervised COVID test taken within 72 hours of the the event. For all minors over the age of 5 years, a parent or guardian of the minor must present proof that the minor in their care is fully vaccinated or has a negative test results of a medically-supervised COVID test taken within 72 hours of the the event. Proof of being fully vaccinated must be in the form of a government issued card (original or photograph) or an electronic record.
- All persons over the age of 18 must present government issued photo identification or a current SCA membership card along with the proof of being fully vaccinated or proof of negative test results of a medically-supervised COVID test taken within 72 hours of the the event. Parents and guardians of minors age 5 or older must present their own identification along with the above noted proof of vaccination or negative test results for the minor.
- All person over the age of 18 must sign the following attestation: “By signing below, you are confirming that you have presented proper identification, along with either proof of being fully vaccinated or a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to the start of the event which complies with the current SCA COVIDSafe rules, and that you have read with and agree to the SCA COVID-19 Health Acknowledgement.” Parents and guardians of minors must sign the attestation on behalf of the minor in their care.
SCA COVID-19 Health Acknowledgment
By attending this event, you are confirming that you (as well as any minors that you are parent or
- Are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov, including but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Dry cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Have not been near someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 within the last 14 days without following CDC guidance for self-quarantine;
- Agree to follow all COVID safety restrictions imposed by the SCA, the event site, and/or local, state, provincial, or federal government or health authorities.
If you have further questions about the COVID-19 policies associated with this event, please contact:
Event Steward: Lada Monguligin, OL
9175445212 (no calls after 10pm please)
Provincial Seneschal: Lord Nagashima Ichiro Ujimichi