We follow the East Kingdom’s inclusion policy, as stated in EK Law:
The East Kingdom is committed to celebrating equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. All officers and representatives of the Kingdom and its branches will promote social equality and diversity in all activities for all subjects of and visitors to the East Kingdom. Such officers and representatives will work to ensure that there is neither discrimination nor advancement on the basis of race, ethnicity, culture, age, health, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, national origin, veteran status, socio-economic class, religion, and/or professional status.
We also follow the SCA anti-harassment policy, as stated in the Society-wide seneschal’s handbook:
THE SCA PROHIBITS HARASSMENT AND BULLYING OF ALL INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS.
Participants engaging in this behavior are subject to appropriate sanctions.
If you are subjected to harassment, bullying or retaliation, or if you become aware of anyone being harassed or bullied, contact a seneschal, President of the SCA, or your Kingdom’s Board Ombudsman.
The SCA’s Statement of Core Values is below.
In pursuing its mission, the SCA is committed to excellence in its programs, communications and activities, and to
• act in accordance with the chivalric virtues of honor and service;
• value and respect the worth and dignity of all individuals;
• practice inclusiveness and respect pluralism and diversity;
• promote a safe and respectful environment for all SCA events;
• act with transparency, fairness, integrity and honesty;
• be a responsible steward of SCA resources; and,
• be committed to maintaining the trust of its members and participants.
It is the expectation of the SCA that its members and participants, in all events and activities of the SCA, will conduct themselves in accordance with these tenets.
Note that you can always contact our local seneschal at email@example.com.